Pfizer Stock Hits New 52-Week High (PFE)
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Pfizer (NYSE:PFE) hit a new 52-week high Tuesday as it traded at $19.44 compared with its previous 52-Week high of $19.39. Pfizer is changing hands at $19.41 with 1.8 million shares traded as of 9:32 a.m. ET. Average volume has been 47.1 million shares over the past 30 days. Pfizer has a market cap of $151.1 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. Shares are up 9.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Pfizer Inc., a biopharmaceutical company, engages in the discovery, development, manufacture, and marketing of prescription medicines for humans and animals worldwide. The company has a P/E ratio of 8.5, below the average drugs industry P/E ratio of 18.5 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 21.8. TheStreet Ratings rates Pfizer as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, increase in net income, increase in stock price during the past year, growth in earnings per share and expanding profit margins. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results. You can view the full Pfizer Ratings Report. See all 52-week high stocks or get investment ideas from our investment research center.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV