NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- CNOOC (CEO), Trina Solar (TSL), Sinopec (SNP), Halliburton (HAL), JA Solar Holdings (JASO), Complete Production Services (CPX), STR Holdings (STRI), InterOil (IOC), TransAtlantic Petroleum (TAT) and ReneSola (SOL) are energy stocks with potential upside of up to 66%, calculated on analysts' average 12-month price targets. The above stocks received buy ratings of 60% to 91%.
The simmering Middle East and North African political unrest has sent tremors through the energy sector, with crude oil prices crossing the triple-digit price threshold. Supplies from Libya are at a near standstill; however, Saudi Arabia has assured the international market of extra supply. WTI Crude hit $97 per barrel, while Brent crude settled at $112 per barrel.
We have identified 10 energy stocks that received top buy ratings and have the potential to deliver attractive returns. These stocks returned an average 43% during the last one year on superior fundamentals. Analysts' consensus estimate indicates a potential 18%-66% upside over the next one year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV