NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- CNOOC (CEO), Trina Solar (TSL), Sinopec (SNP), Halliburton (HAL), JA Solar Holdings (JASO), Complete Production Services (CPX), STR Holdings (STRI), InterOil (IOC), TransAtlantic Petroleum (TAT) and ReneSola (SOL) are energy stocks with potential upside of up to 66%, calculated on analysts' average 12-month price targets. The above stocks received buy ratings of 60% to 91%.
The simmering Middle East and North African political unrest has sent tremors through the energy sector, with crude oil prices crossing the triple-digit price threshold. Supplies from Libya are at a near standstill; however, Saudi Arabia has assured the international market of extra supply. WTI Crude hit $97 per barrel, while Brent crude settled at $112 per barrel.
We have identified 10 energy stocks that received top buy ratings and have the potential to deliver attractive returns. These stocks returned an average 43% during the last one year on superior fundamentals. Analysts' consensus estimate indicates a potential 18%-66% upside over the next one year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV