MOSCOW, March 1, 2011 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- CTC Media, Inc. ("CTC Media" or "the Company") (Nasdaq:CTCM), Russia's leading independent media company, today announced its unaudited consolidated financial results for the fourth quarter and twelve months ended December 31, 2010.
|Three Months||Twelve Months|
|Ended December 3 1 ,||Ended December 31,|
|(US$ 000's except per share data)||200 9||20 10||Change||2009||2010||Change|
|Total operating revenues||$180,507||$222,321||23%||$506,113||$601,285||19%|
|Total operating expenses (before non-recurring items) 1||(96,460)||(121,545)||26%||(306,311)||(394,167)||29%|
|Total operating expenses||(143,787)||(121,545)||-15%||(353,638)||(394,167)||11%|
|Adjusted OIBDA 2,3||87,382||104,358||19%||211,256||220,854||5%|
|Adjusted OIBDA margin 2,3||48.4%||46.9%||41.7%||36.7%|
|OIBDA margin 2||22.2%||46.9%||32.4%||36.7%|
|Adjusted net income attributable to CTC Media, Inc. stockholders 3||64,466||75,329||17%||143,967||145,731||1%|
|Adjusted diluted earnings per share 3||$0.41||$0.48||17%||$0.91||$0.93||2%|
|Net income attributable to CTC Media, Inc. stockholders||20,887||75,329||261%||100,389||145,731||45%|
|Fully diluted earnings per share||$0.13||$0.48||269%||$0.64||$0.93||45%|
1 Total operating expenses (before non-recurring items) is a non-GAAP financial measure that excludes an $18.7 million charge arising from the impairment of the broadcasting licenses of certain regional owned-and-operated stations in Russia in the fourth quarter of 2009 and a $28.6 million stock-based compensation expense recognized in conjunction with the settlement of litigation brought by CTC Media against its former CEO in the fourth quarter of 2009. Please see the accompanying financial tables at the end of this press release for a reconciliation of total operating expenses (before non-recurring items) to GAAP total operating expenses.
2 OIBDA is defined as operating income before depreciation and amortization (excluding amortization of programming rights and sublicensing rights). OIBDA margin is defined as OIBDA divided by total operating revenues. Both OIBDA and OIBDA margin are non-GAAP financial measures. Please see the accompanying financial tables at the end of this press release for a reconciliation of OIBDA to operating income and OIBDA margin to operating income margin.3 All adjusted numbers are non-GAAP financial measures reported before the non-recurring items described above. Please see the accompanying financial tables at the end of this release for a reconciliation of adjusted OIBDA to OIBDA, adjusted net income to GAAP reported net income and adjusted diluted earnings per share to GAAP reported earnings per share. FINANCIAL HIGHLIGHTS
- Total revenues up 28% year-on-year in ruble terms in Q4 and up 15% for the full year
- Russian advertising revenues up 22% year-on-year in ruble terms in Q4 and up 13% for the full year
- Adjusted OIBDA up 19% year-on-year in US dollar terms to $104.4 million in Q4, with an OIBDA margin of 46.9%, and up 5% year-on-year to $220.9 million for the full year with an OIBDA margin of 36.7%
- Adjusted diluted earnings per share up 17% year-on-year to $0.48 in Q4 (2009: $0.41) and up 2% year-on-year to $0.93 for the full year (2009: $0.91)
- Payment of $50.2 million of cash dividends in Q4 and $80.4 million for the full year
- Net cash position 1 of $177.0 million at year end
- Board of Directors currently intends to pay aggregate cash dividends of $100 million in 2011 and declared a cash dividend of $0.16 per share (or approximately $25 million in the aggregate) to be paid on or about March 31, 2011 to stockholders of record as of March 1, 2011, with further dividends anticipated in the remaining quarters of 2011
- Combined Russian national inventory fully sold-out for Q4 and 99% sold-out for the full year
- Average national Russian advertising prices up 28% year-on-year in Q4 and 6% for the full year in ruble terms, with regional advertising prices up 27% year-on-year in Q4 and 20% for the full year in ruble terms
- Average full year combined audience share for 3 Russian networks up year-on-year from 15.1% to 15.2% in key "all 18-49" demographic
- Year-on-year increase in year-end technical penetration of CTC, Domashny and DTV networks in Russia to 93.7% (2009: 90.7%), 81.6% (2009: 76.4%), and 72.5% (2009: 68.4%), respectively
- Acquisition of 7 regional television stations in 6 Russian cities
- Launch of CTC-International channel in Israel in June 2010
- Establishment of CTC Media internal advertising sales house 'EvereST-S' in September 2010
- Launch of 'Videomore' online social television network in December 2010
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV