In IFRS, GVT’s revenues, EBITDA and EBITA, for the full year 2010, were €1,029 million, €431 million and €277 million, respectively. Pro forma, the increase year-on-year was respectively 71.2%, 79.6% and 143.0%. Vivendi took control of and has consolidated GVT since November 13, 2009 and has fully owned its share capital since April 27, 2010.
In real, the increase in revenues was 43% driven by an 80.5% increase in broadband service revenues and a 34.0% increase in voice service revenues. Due to GVT’s competitive value proposition, the net additions of lines in service (LIS) totaled 1.416 million, an increase of 54.6% compared to 2009. As of December 31, 2010, the total number of the lines reached 4.232 million.
Adjusted EBITDA margin was 41.3%, compared to 38.6% in 2009, which represents a 52.9% increase in adjusted EBITDA in local currency. These changes were due to a better product mix, including the widespread deployment of 10 Mbps’ and 15 Mbps’ broadband and continued cost optimization.In 2010, GVT expanded its coverage with 13 additional cities in particular in the States of São Paulo and Rio de Janeiro. On October 19, 2010, GVT launched Power Music Club powered by UMG, a free access to audio and video services for all GVT Power broadband subscribers. Additionally, in November 2010, GVT upgraded to 5 Mbps’ its initial speed offer and established the 15Mbps’ speed as its main offer. For the second consecutive year, GVT’s broadband was elected as the best broadband in Brazil by the readers of the leading Brazilian tech magazine “Info”. Since its acquisition by Vivendi, GVT has been accelerating its geographical expansion. For the full year 2010, GVT capital expenditures amounted to €535 million, compared to €238 million in 2009. And in 2011, GVT’s capital expenditures will reach about €750 million.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV