ANN ARBOR, Mich., Feb. 28, 2011 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Aastrom Biosciences, Inc. (Nasdaq:ASTM), the leading developer of autologous cellular therapies for the treatment of severe cardiovascular diseases, today reported operating results for the quarter and six months ended December 31, 2010, reflecting the recent change in the company's fiscal year end from June 30 to December 31. These results will be included in a new Form 10-K for this six month transition period, which the company plans to file in March.
"As a result of our recent financing and clinical progress, we ended 2010 in a strong position to advance our critical limb ischemia program into Phase 3 and complete our Phase 2 clinical program in dilated cardiomyopathy," said Tim Mayleben, president and CEO of Aastrom Biosciences. "We have an ambitious agenda for the year ahead. We plan to report final results from the ongoing Phase 2 CLI study during the second quarter, launch the first of two Phase 3 studies in CLI mid-year, report interim data from the IMPACT-DCM study and complete the ongoing Phase 2 Catheter DCM trial in the third quarter and launch the next phase of clinical testing in DCM by the end of the year."
Operating Results for the Quarter and Six Months Ended December 31, 2010As of December 31, 2010, the company had a total of $31.2 million in cash and cash equivalents, compared to $14.7 million in cash and cash equivalents at December 31, 2009. The increase in cash is attributable to financings completed in January and December 2010. Revenues for the quarter and six month period ended December 31, 2010 was $253,000, compared to $16,000 and $89,000 for the same periods in 2009. This increase relates to the receipt of the Qualified Therapeutic Discovery Tax Credit received in November.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV