BRAINTREE, Mass., Feb. 28, 2011 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Altra Holdings, Inc. (Nasdaq:AIMC), a leading global supplier of clutch brakes, couplings, gearing, belted drives and other power transmission components, today announced unaudited financial results for the fourth quarter ended December 31, 2010.
- Fourth-quarter net sales increased 17% to $130.5 million compared with the prior-year quarter. Full-year 2010 net sales increased 15% to $520.2 million.
- Fourth-quarter net income per diluted share was $0.20 compared with a loss per share of $0.10 in the prior-year period. Non-GAAP adjusted earnings per diluted share increased 71% to $0.24 for the fourth quarter of 2010.*
- For full year 2010, the Company reported net income of $0.92 per diluted share compared with a net loss of $0.09 per share in 2009. Non-GAAP adjusted earnings per diluted share increased 209% to $1.02 in 2010.
- Fourth-quarter income from operations increased 130 basis points to 9.4% of sales from the fourth quarter of 2009. The increase was primarily due to lower restructuring charges.
- The Company's cash balance improved 41% year-over-year and was $72.7 million at the end of the year.
- Altra forecasts strong revenue and earnings per share growth in 2011 based on continued early- and late-cycle demand strength and strong earnings leverage.
In a separate news release earlier today, Altra announced that it has signed a definitive agreement to acquire substantially all of the assets and liabilities of Danfoss Bauer GmbH ("Bauer") relating to its gearmotor business for cash consideration of 43.1 million Euros. Bauer is a leading European manufacturer of high-quality gearmotors, offering engineered solutions to a variety of industries, including material handling, metals, food processing and energy. The Bauer gearmotor product line will be highly complementary to Altra's existing gearing products. The acquisition is anticipated to be accretive, excluding any one-time or acquisitions costs, to Altra's earnings in 2011.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV