NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Trex Company (NYSE:TREX) is trading at unusually high volume Monday with 803,820 shares changing hands. It is currently at 6.5 times its average daily volume and trading up $2.82 (+10.6%) at $29.49 as of 2:07 p.m. ET. Trex has a market cap of $392.3 million and is part of the industrial goods sector and materials & construction industry. Shares are up 11.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Trex Company, Inc. manufactures and distributes wood/plastic composite products primarily for residential and commercial decking and railing applications in the United States. It offers wood-alternative decking, railing, fencing, and trim products under the Trex brand name. TheStreet Ratings rates Trex as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its compelling growth in net income, solid stock price performance and good cash flow from operations. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the company's profit margins have been poor overall. You can view the full Trex Ratings Report. See all heavy volume stocks in our stocks moving on unusual volume list or get investment ideas from our investment research center.
Latest Headlines about TREX
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV