Editor's note: As part of our partnership with PBS's Nightly Business Report, TheStreet's James Rogers appeared on NBR to highlight the lesser-known companies riding Apple's iPhone success. (Watch video and view transcript here.)
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- All eyes will be on Apple (AAPL) this week, with the tech giant expected to launch its new iPad on Wednesday, hot on the heels of the Verizon (VZ) iPhone.
While the precise iPad 2 specs are still unknown, Verizon iPhone 'teardowns' have shone a light on some of the less well-known stocks, such as Skyworks Solutions (SWKS), Qualcomm (QCOM), and Cirrus Logic (CRUS), that are currently riding the Apple wave.
Verizon CEO Dan Mead has described the iPhone's debut as the most successful product launch in the company's history, and there has been speculation that Verizon has already sold more than a million of the iconic phones.
The new iPhone marked the end of AT&T's (T) exclusive deal to sell the device within the U.S. and capped months of intense speculation about its arrival on Verizon's network. Verizon is expected to sell around 11 million iPhones this year, although that figure may even prove conservative if recent iPhone sales at AT&T (T) are anything to go by.Read on for more details on how the Verizon iPhone is helping Skyworks, Qualcomm and Cirrus Logic spell upside for investors.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV