Safeway Inc. announced the promotion of Mir Aamir to President, Customer Loyalty and Digital Technologies, reporting to Diane Dietz, Executive Vice President, Chief Marketing Officer. In this new role, Mir will lead Safeway’s loyalty programs and oversee digital and mobile efforts related to loyalty. He will also continue to be responsible for Marketing Strategies, Shopper Analytics and Insights, Club Card Strategies and Pricing.
“Mir has been instrumental in building Safeway’s loyalty marketing capabilities and programs that focus on sales growth,” said Diane Dietz. “By enlarging his role and consolidating our loyalty building disciplines, we expect to further grow Safeway’s capacity to delight and connect with shoppers in an increasingly digital world.”
Mir joined Safeway in 2005 and has held leadership roles in Marketing Strategy, Financial Planning and Analysis, Shopper Insights, Targeted Marketing and Pricing, most recently as Senior Vice President, Marketing Strategy and Financial Planning and Analysis. Prior to joining Safeway, Mir was an Officer/Partner in the Consumer and Retail Practice at management consulting firm A.T. Kearney, Inc., where his focus areas included retail and marketing strategy, marketing effectiveness, shopper insights and category management. He previously held various positions at Citicorp and Procter & Gamble in Asia. Mir holds an MBA from the University of Chicago’s Graduate School of Business.
ABOUT SAFEWAY www.Safeway.comSafeway Inc. is a Fortune 100 company and one of the largest food and drug retailers in North America, based on sales. The company operates 1,694 stores in the United States and western Canada and had annual sales of $41 billion in 2010. The company's common stock is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol SWY.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV