Uranerz Energy (URZ) is beginning to show promise. The stock finished 2010 with a 210 percent return. It's based in Canada, but its exploration territory is centered in the Powder River Basin in Wyoming, an area that's been producing uranium for more than 50 years.
The company closed 2010 by completing $20 million in financing, and opened 2011 with a permit from the state of Wyoming to mine its Nichols Ranch Uranium project, which holds an estimated 5.5 million pounds of uranium. Now it awaits final Nuclear Regulatory Commission approval, with production expected in early 2012.
Uranerz Energy uses in-situ recovery (ISR) mining that injects groundwater to bring deposits up for processing, theoretically a minimally intrusive, low-cost extraction method.
The stock is up 26 percent so far this year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV