NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Royale Energy (Nasdaq:ROYL) is trading at unusually high volume Monday with 2.4 million shares changing hands. It is currently at 4.2 times its average daily volume and trading up 14 cents (+2.8%) at $5.16 as of 10:31 a.m. ET. Royale Energy has a market cap of $51.6 million and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. Shares are up 124.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Royale Energy, Inc. operates as an independent oil and natural gas producer in the United States. The company has a P/E ratio of 63, below the average energy industry P/E ratio of 72 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 22.6. TheStreet Ratings rates Royale Energy as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, compelling growth in net income and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including premium valuation and weak operating cash flow. You can view the full Royale Energy Ratings Report. See all heavy volume stocks in our stocks moving on unusual volume list or get investment ideas from our investment research center.
Latest Headlines about ROYL
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV