But it also revised the outlook for AIG and all of its operating companies to stable from negative, believing the firm will become more competitive and build upon operating improvements since its bailout - particularly at its SunAmerica division.
S&P downgraded Chartis' ratings one notch, to "A" from "A+." It kept the rest of AIG's ratings stable, including its overall "A-" rating and the "A+" rating on SunAmerica.
Chartis, AIG's property & casualty division, reported a $4.1 billion charge last quarter to bolster reserves - a move some investors hadn't expected. In a conference call on Friday, CEO Robert Benmosche and other executives
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Lauren Tara LaCapra.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV