WILTON, Conn., Feb. 28, 2011 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Drinks Americas Holdings, Ltd. (OTCBB:DKAM) a leading developer and marketer of beverage products, today announced that an agreement has been reached with Faust Distributing of Houston to sell Rheingold Beer in its territory in Texas. The first container order has been sold and will ship in March. Additional Texas markets will open in May and June.
Joe Belli, National Sales Manager for Rheingold Beer, stated, "Texas is a top ten beer market and does almost 10% of the nation's beer consumption. Distributors and consumers remember the brand. We are looking forward to selling a lot of Rheingold in this market as more and more people discover its taste and refreshment and come to appreciate Rheingold's rich heritage."
Rick Forcier, General Manager of Faust Distributing, stated, "We were very excited to hear that Rheingold Beer would be made available to Texas and we are honored to have the opportunity to distribute this fine product. I grew up on the East Coast and I fondly remember Rheingold. I was too young to drink beer during those years, but now, not only do we have the opportunity to enjoy it, we also have the opportunity to offer Rheingold Beer to our retail partners and consumers."J. Patrick Kenny, CEO of Drinks Americas, added, "It is very special to expand our distribution and Rheingold Beer business to a major distributor like Faust Distributing in Houston. The size of our business continues to expand." Drinks Americas launched Rheingold in September 2010, and the brand is now being sold in New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, Georgia, Ohio, Kentucky, Michigan and now Texas. Definitive plans to expand to Florida, Maryland, Washington DC, Illinois, Oklahoma, West Virginia and Massachusetts are underway. A photo accompanying this release can be found at: https://www.issuerdirect.com/corporate/mediaroom/69111 About Drinks Americas
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV