Hallmark Movie Channel, which is owned and operated by Crown Media Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: CRWN), announced an important distribution milestone for the network today.
Hallmark Movie Channel, which is ranked #1 among emerging and mid-sized cable TV networks as the top network operators are interested in carrying by the end of 2011, has reached a new milestone of 40 million subscribers according to Nielsen.
“Hallmark Movie Channel’s continued success in distribution growth reflects the tremendous value of the Hallmark brand and the demand for more family friendly content,” noted Bill Abbott, President & CEO, Crown Media Holdings, Inc.
“Hallmark Movie Channel is on a meteoric rise as viewers, distributors and advertisers all respond to HMC’s program strategy of big event movie premieres, like ‘Goodnight for Justice,’ which premiered January 29 as the #4 program in all of cable, proving Hallmark Movie Channel competes favorably even now with the largest and most distributed networks across the cable landscape.”Hallmark Movie Channel, the second linear channel from Crown Media Holdings, Inc., simulcast in SD (Standard Definition) and HD (High Definition), is a 24-hour cable network dedicated to bringing viewers family-friendly movies with a mix of classic theatrical films, presentations from the acclaimed Hallmark Hall of Fame library, original Hallmark Channel movies and special events. In today’s crowded television landscape, the network is a unique and captivating entertainment experience, providing programming that families can watch together. It is now available in over 40 million homes. Crown Media also operates Hallmark Channel which provides a diverse slate of high-quality entertainment programming to a national audience of 87.5 million subscribers. For more information, please visit www.hallmarkchannelpress.com. Source: The Nielsen Company National People Meter Sample, March 2011
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV