Investors interested in the platinum group of metals will want to keep a close watch on the auto and truck sales numbers slated to be released on Tuesday. Due to their extensive use in the production of catalytic converters, PALL and the platinum-linked ETFS Physical Platinum Shares (PPLT) tend to move in correlation to the automotive industry.
Guggenheim Airline ETF (FAA) -6.3%The fear of rising fuel costs weighed heavily on the airline industry resulting in a steep tumble for the FAA. In the past, I have warned long-term investors that FAA is a dangerously top-heavy fund. Together, Southwest (LUV), United Continental (UAL), and Delta (DAL)account for over 40% of its total portfolio. Investors looking for a safer way to access transports stocks should turn to the iShares Dow Jones Transportation Average Index Fund (IYT).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV