2. Iamgold (IAG) explores for gold, silver, zinc, copper, niobium and diamonds. It released fourth-quarter results Friday. Its stock has gained 27% in three months and is up 46% in the past year.
Iamgold's adjusted quarterly earnings more than tripled to 39 cents, exceeding analysts' consensus estimate by 35%. In contrast, Iamgold missed consensus in the previous quarter by 37%. Its top-line figure rose 73% to $459 million, outperforming consensus by 14%. The stock rallied more than 6% intraday on the earnings report. Iamgold trades at a book value multiple of 2.8 and a sales multiple of 7.6, 19% and 66% peer discounts. But, its cash flow multiple of 28 represents a sizable premium. Of analysts following Iamgold, a disproportionate 79% advise purchasing its stock. The Canada-based company is rated "outperform" by Scotia Capital, which expects its stock to advance 53% to $32 in the next 12 months. HSBC ranks the stock "neutral", predicting that it will drop 9% to $19.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV