NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- "Stay opportunistic," Jim Cramer told the viewers of his "Mad Money" TV show Friday, as he celebrated the first up day on Wall Street all week, and the first time good news seemed to matter to stocks.
Cramer said his game plan for next week revolves around two big events in the technology sector, Apple (AAPL), a stock which he owns for his charitable trust, Action Alerts PLUS, unveiling the iPad 2 on Wednesday and Salesforce.com (CRM) bringing their CloudForce conference to New York City.Cramer said he's bullish on anything linked to Apple, including ARM Holdings (ARMH), Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) and Micron Technology (MU), as well as Salesforce.com. Beyond technology, Cramer said investors still need to use caution. He said Range Resources (RRC) should be attractive on Monday, but the stock has already run up 60% from its August lows. He said McDermott (MDR), in the oil and gas construction business, is also a possibility. On Wednesday, Cramer said he likes Joy Global (JOYG) and Costco (COST), although Costco has also had a big run and is fully valued. On Thursday, Cramer said he'll be listening to Heinz (HNZ), an iconic American brand, to hear the latest on cost inflation and how the company's expansion into emerging markets is going. Finally, on Friday, Cramer said all eyes will be on the unemployment numbers. He said initial job claims have been trending down, but the spin remains decidedly negative on the jobs front.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV