NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- After the stress test results come out in March banks such as PNC Financial (PNC), BB&T (BBT), Fifth Third (FITB), U.S. Bancorp (USB), Huntington Bancshares (HBAN) and Wells Fargo (WFC) may be able to payout a 30 percent dividend, said FBR Capital Markets analyst Paul Miller in a note.
Miller said he believes that JPMorgan (JPM) could pay a 20 percent dividend, and that overtime the bank could exceed a 30 percent payout ratio.
"We also note that JPMorgan may hold back on increasing the dividend to that level in the near term, given the company's large allocation of capital to the investment bank and expectation to build out more than 1,500 branches in the next five years," Miller said in a note. Miller adds that Bank of America (BAC) should be able to pay a dividend of 10 cents on a quarterly basis.
--Written by Maria Woehr in New York.
To contact the writer of this article, click here: Maria Woehr.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV