Glenn Beck, Hugh Hefner: Hot Trends
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- "Glenn Beck apology" is a hot search topic after the conservative radio and television host apologized for what he has now called "one of the worst analogies of all time."
On his Premiere Radio Networks' The Glenn Beck Program on Tuesday, he compared Reform Judaism to Islamic Extremism. The Anti-Defamation League quickly responded and condemned his comments, claiming they only proved Beck's "bigoted ignorance."
On Thursday, Beck opened his show with an apology and said "ignorant" is a "perfect description for what [he] said."
"Hugh Hefner" is a trending topic on Yahoo! following news that the Playboy founder is set to marry fiancée Crystal Harris on June 18 at the Playboy mansion. Hefner, 84, announced his engagement to 24-year-old Crystal Harris via Twitter on Christmas morning. This will be his third marriage. Last month, Playboy (PLA) agreed to Hefner's offer to take the company private for $6.15 a share . The stock's price is up more than 17% over the past year as investors hope to benefit from the buyout.
The chatter on Main Street (a.k.a. Google, Yahoo! and other search sites) is always of interest to investors on Wall Street. Thus, each day, TheStreet compiles the stories that are trending on the Web, and highlights the news that could make stocks move. --Written by Theresa McCabe in Boston.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Theresa McCabe. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to @TheresaMcCabe. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV