GREENSBORO, N.C., Feb. 25, 2011 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Unifi, Inc. (NYSE: UFI) is pleased to announce the appointments of William L. ("Bill") Jasper as the Company's Chairman of the Board of Directors and R. Roger Berrier, Jr. as President and Chief Operating Officer. Mr. Jasper will continue to serve as the Company's Chief Executive Officer.
"I am honored to be chosen as the Chairman of the Board of Directors of Unifi. I believe this is a great company with great people and a bright future," said Bill Jasper, the new Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of the Company. "Further, I am very pleased to have Roger as President and Chief Operating Officer. He is a results-driven individual who shares my commitment to continuous improvement in everything we do."
Unifi, Inc. (NYSE: UFI) is a diversified producer and processor of multi-filament polyester and nylon textured yarns and related raw materials. The Company adds value to the supply chain and enhances consumer demand for its products through the development and introduction of branded yarns that provide unique performance, comfort and aesthetic advantages. Key Unifi brands include, but are not limited to: AIO® - all-in-one performance yarns, SORBTEK®, A.M.Y.®, MYNX® UV, REPREVE®, REFLEXX®, MICROVISTA® and SATURA®. Unifi's yarns and brands are readily found in home furnishings, apparel, legwear, and sewing thread, as well as industrial, automotive, military, and medical applications. For more information about Unifi, visit www.unifi.com, or to learn more about REPREVE®, visit www.repreve.com.
SOURCE Unifi, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV