A.M. Best Co. has affirmed the financial strength rating (FSR) of A (Excellent) and issuer credit ratings (ICR) of “a” of Endurance Specialty Insurance Ltd. (Endurance) and its affiliates. Concurrently, A.M. Best has affirmed the ICR of “bbb” and debt ratings of the publicly traded parent, Endurance Specialty Holdings, Ltd [NYSE: ENH]. The outlook for all ratings is stable. The above companies are domiciled in Bermuda. (See below for a detailed list of the companies and ratings.)
The ratings reflect Endurance’s strong level of risk-adjusted capitalization, solid historical operating performance over the last few years and its specialty focused, diversified business profile. Over the last few years, Endurance has repositioned its book of business by reducing reinsurance premiums, reducing its exposure to workers’ compensation business and targeting agriculture insurance. A substantial portion of Endurance’s current specialty portfolio is agriculture insurance, which is not linked to the property/casualty pricing cycle. In addition, the ratings reflect the group’s solid enterprise risk management framework that has been continually enhanced in recent years, which should help support the organization’s balanced risk taking and limit outsized losses.
Partially offsetting these positive rating factors is Endurance’s exposure to large severe events and the potential for events in excess of modeled expectations. In addition, Endurance, as well as the market, is challenged with managing this soft stage of the underwriting cycle and uneasy financial markets.
The outlook reflects A.M. Best’s expectation that operating performance and risk-adjusted capitalization will continue to support the ratings at the current level, given Endurance’s business strategy and solid risk management framework.The FSR of A (Excellent) and ICRs of “a” have been affirmed for Endurance Specialty Insurance Ltd and its following affiliates:
- Endurance Reinsurance Corporation of America
- Endurance Worldwide Insurance Limited
- Endurance American Specialty Insurance Company
- Endurance American Insurance Company
- Endurance Risk Solutions Assurance Company
- American Agri-Business Insurance Company
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
24/7 market commentary from Jim Cramer and 20+ veteran Wall Street gurus. Get access to the latest trading ideas on stocks, options, and ETFs as well as a real-time forum to see the pros exchanging their investment ideas.
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV