To get a broader view of what these sophisticated investors think about the markets, TheStreet studied the top ten hedge fund stock buys ranked by market value. The data is compiled from 13F quarterly regulatory filings.
Investors should note that the filings are dated and also offer only a partial glimpse of the portfolio. Institutional investors are not required to disclose short positions.Hedge funds appeared to favor financial above other sectors, with three of the top four big banks ranking high in the list of buys. Bank of America (BAC) was conspicuously missing from that list. Hedge funds added to their positions in blue-chip names as well, as they bet on a recovery in the U.S. economy and actively sought out dividend yielding stocks.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV