VENICE, Fla., Feb. 24, 2011 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- PGT, Inc. (Nasdaq:PGTI), the leading U.S. manufacturer and supplier of residential impact-resistant windows and doors, announces financial results for the fourth quarter ended January 1, 2011. In the fourth quarter:
- Net sales were $39.0 million, an increase of $3.0 million, or 8.4%, over prior year fourth quarter;
- Net loss was $12.2 million compared to prior year net income of $301 thousand in the fourth quarter of 2009;
- Non-cash impairment charges totaled $5.6 million compared to the prior year fourth quarter amount of $0.7 million. The current year impairment relates to the scheduled closing of our North Carolina plant. Consolidation charges totaled $2.1 million in the fourth quarter of 2010. Restructuring charges totaled $1.5 million in the prior year fourth quarter.
- Adjusted net loss was $4.6 million compared to an adjusted net income of $2.5 million in the prior year fourth quarter. Adjusted net loss per diluted share of $0.09 compared to an adjusted net income per diluted share of $0.07 per share in 2009; and
- Adjusted EBITDA was $228 thousand, compared to adjusted EBITDA of $2.9 million in the prior year fourth quarter.
Rod Hershberger, President and Chief Executive Officer of PGT, said, "Sales increased 8.4% in the fourth quarter of 2010 compared to the same quarter a year ago due mainly to increased sales in our core market, Florida, where sales were up 14.4%. The main drivers for this increase came from increases in our vinyl product categories, in both impact and non-impact products. Housing starts in Florida decreased 2.2% compared to the fourth quarter of 2009, driven by a decrease in single family starts. However, multi-family starts were up slightly from a year ago."
Mr. Hershberger continued, "We are currently on schedule to complete our plant consolidation by the end of the second quarter of 2011. In addition, we continue to move forward with new product offerings and line expansions, including our recently launched vinyl sliding glass door which was well received at the International Builders' Show."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV