Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated today announced it will open a new sales and distribution center in the Carolinas Distribution Center in Clayton. The 233,000 square foot replaces the company’s existing 90,000 square foot building on South Wilmington St.
“We are very pleased to be expanding our operations in the Raleigh market, more than doubling the size of our distribution center to better serve our customers in the Triangle,” said Lauren Steele, Coca-Cola Consolidated spokesman.
The new sales and distribution center will serve the company’s customers in Wake, Johnston, Franklin, Harnett, Orange and Chatham counties. All of the company’s 184 local employees will move to the new facility.
The existing Raleigh Coca-Cola facility in South Raleigh was built in 1957 as a production and distribution center. Coca-Cola Consolidated acquired the building and the Coca-Cola sales franchise territory in 1968.“We are looking forward to a modern and efficient distribution facility,” Steele said. “Because the existing facility was built as a bottling plant, it never lent itself to efficient warehousing and loading dock capabilities.” North Carolina-based Coca-Cola Consolidated is the nation’s largest independent Coca-Cola bottler. More than 2800 of its approximately 5800 employees work in North Carolina. Jones Lang LaSalle represented Coca-Cola Consolidated in the lease agreement, and Cassidy Turley represented the landlord, Crown West Realty. **Enjoy Coca-Cola**
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV