News flash: International clinical trials are standard practice these days. No big deal. Left unsaid by Cel-Sci's management is that the company had to go overseas to find patients because demand for Multikine in the U.S. is probably tiny due to the underwhelming efficacy data coming out of the drug's phase II study.
My favorite part of the Cel-Sci shareholder letter, however, is the part where Max and Geert talk about how "games of greed" played by former directors, hedge funds and anonymous Internet rumor-mongers threaten the company's success.
"We believe that the results of the Phase III study will ultimately dictate our success, and we further believe that, given the huge amount of value our new cancer therapy would create, the games of greed will continue during the Phase III study. We are already seeing lies being spread on the internet about our study and our Company. People claim to know that the study was halted, that production of Multikine was halted, that patients were having problems, all falsehoods designed to influence others. We are dedicated to proving that Multikine works and that is our answer to those lies."
Like I said, an instant classic.--Written by Adam Feuerstein in Boston.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Adam Feuerstein. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/adamfeuerstein. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV