LEXINGTON, Mass., Feb. 24, 2011 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Agenus Inc. (Nasdaq:AGEN) announced today that it has restructured and extended the maturity of its 8.00% senior secured convertible notes to August 31, 2014. These notes have an aggregate current principal amount of $34 million and originally had a maturity date of August 30, 2011.
Separately, during the fourth quarter of 2010, Agenus completed the retirement of approximately $50 million of the company's 5.25% convertible subordinated notes issued in 2005. In total, the company has used approximately $9.8 million in cash and 15.5 million shares of common stock to retire all but $100,000 of this convertible instrument.
As a result of these transactions, Agenus has eliminated approximately $85 million of its potential debt payment obligations coming due over the next 12 months.About Agenus Agenus Inc. (formerly Antigenics Inc.) is a biotechnology company working to develop treatments for cancers and infectious diseases. For more information, please visit www.agenusbio.com . The Agenus logo is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=8187
CONTACT: Investors: Shalini Sharp, 800.962.2436 Media: Jonae Barnes, 617-818-2985
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV