Risks and Important Considerations
The value of the Shares relates directly to the value of the gold held by the Trust and fluctuations based on the price of gold could materially and adversely affect an investment in the Shares. Several factors may affect the price of gold including: A change in economic conditions, such as a recession, can adversely affect the price of gold. An economic downturn could have a negative impact on its demand and, consequently, its price and the price of the Shares; Investors' expectations with respect to the rate of inflation; Currency exchange rates; Interest rates; Investment and trading activities of hedge funds and commodity funds; and global or regional political, economic or financial events and situations. Should there be an increase in the level of hedge activity of bullion producing companies, it could cause a decline in world prices, adversely affecting the price of the Shares. Also, should the speculative community take a negative view towards bullion, it could cause a decline in world gold prices, negatively impacting the price of the Shares. There is a risk that part or all of the Trust's gold could be lost, damaged or stolen. Failure by the Custodian or Sub-Custodian to exercise due care in the safekeeping of the gold held by the Trust could result in a loss to the Trust. Investments in the trust do not constitute a direct investment in the underlying metals.
Commodities generally are volatile and are not suitable for all investors. Trust’s focusing on a single commodity generally experience greater volatility. Since there is no limit on the amount of gold that the Trust may acquire, the Trust, as it grows, may have an impact on the supply and demand of gold. Please refer to the prospectus for complete information regarding all risks associated with the Trusts.
Shares in the Trusts are not FDIC insured, may lose value and have no bank guarantee.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV