Potash Corporation of Saskatchewan (POT) is an integrated fertilizer and related industrial and feed producer. The company owns and operates five potash mines in Saskatchewan and one in New Brunswick. Besides, it also owns a phosphate mine, two mineral processing plants and a few nitrogen facilities.
Of the 27 analysts covering the stock, 63% recommend a buy while the remaining rate a hold. There are no sell ratings. On average, analysts estimate a 6.3% upside from current levels.
For the latest fourth quarter, the company reported earnings of $482.3 million, or $1.61 per diluted share, as compared to $239.2 million, or 79 cents per share, during the same quarter a year-ago. Meanwhile, sales for the quarter rose $1.8 billion from $1.1 billion in the corresponding period a year ago. For 2011, the company guides earnings per share between $2.8 and $3.2, after considering the planned three-for-one stock split.Looking ahead to 2011, Potash Corp estimates record potash shipments of 9.5-10 million tonnes, primarily driven by demand from Latin America, China and India, as farmers look to improve their crops. The company's CEO commented that potash prices are seen rising throughout the year, in light of a tightening market. For full-year 2011, capital expenditure is expected at around $2 billion.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV