NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Potash (POT), Syngenta (SYT), Archer Daniels Midland (ADM), CF Industries Holdings (CF) and Deere & Company (DE) are five agriculture stocks with potential upside of 8%-21%. Being analysts' favorites, these stocks have no sell ratings.
The agriculture industry is the talk of the street since a few months now, as global food demand has elevated to historic highs. The beneficiaries of this trend include the farming industry, equipment suppliers, fertilizer and pesticide companies and other service providers.
Moreover, weather-related production shocks in major food exporting countries have triggered this crisis. On the demand side, rising income levels and a growing middle-class in emerging markets like China and India are pushing food demand further.
With the world facing tight supply conditions for milling-quality wheat, as Australian wheat production has downgraded and European supply is offline, the U.S. is now the best source for milling-quality wheat to meet increasing demand from North America and the Middle East. To benefit ethanol producers, the U.S. government has extended its 45 cents per gallon tax credit by a year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV