NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- American Capital Agency (AGNC), China Nepstar Chain Drugstore (NPD), Main Street Capital (MAIN), Hercules Technology Growth Capital (HTGC), Ares Capital (ARCC), EV Energy Partners (EVEP), PennantPark Investment (PNNT), UIL Holdings Corporation (UIL), Lorillard (LO) and United Parcel Service (UPS) have high dividends in the range of 2.6%-19.5%.
The selected companies come from diverse industries like financials, energy, utility, logistics and consumer goods. These companies churned sizable dividend rates in recent times, paying a higher proportion of their retained earnings as dividends. The selected group's earnings could average 15%-20% for 2011.
Most dividend income investors demand a dividend yield of 2%-3%, similar to the dividend yield of S&P 500. These 10 stocks have a dividend yield of 9%, topping the index average. The stocks considered here have an average upside potential of at least 7%, according to analysts' estimates.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV