CRANBURY, N.J., Feb. 24, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Palatin Technologies, Inc. (NYSE Amex: PTN) today announced the pricing of its underwritten public offering of 23,000,000 units, consisting of 23,000,000 shares of its common stock, Series A Warrants to purchase 2,000,000 shares of its common stock and Series B Warrants to purchase 21,000,000 shares of its common stock, at a price to the public of $1.00 per unit. Palatin expects that the net proceeds of the offering will be approximately $21,100,000 after deducting underwriting discounts and commissions and other estimated offering expenses.
Each unit consists of one share of common stock, a Series A Warrant exercisable for 0.087 of a share of common stock at an initial exercise price of $1.00 per share and a Series B Warrant exercisable for 0.913 of a share of common stock at an initial exercise price of $1.00 per share. The Series A Warrants are exercisable immediately upon issuance and expire on the fifth anniversary of the date of issuance. The Series B Warrants are exercisable beginning one year and one day from the date of issuance, but only if Palatin's stockholders increase the number of its authorized shares of common stock, and expire on the fifth anniversary of the date they first become exercisable.
The offering is expected to close on or about March 1, 2011, subject to the satisfaction of customary closing conditions.
Roth Capital Partners is acting as sole book-running manager for the offering and Madison Williams and Company is acting as co-manager.Palatin intends to use the proceeds from this offering for general corporate purposes and working capital, including its clinical trial program with bremelanotide for female sexual dysfunction, and secondarily for its PL-3994 development programs for asthma and a development program for new peptides for sexual dysfunction.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV