Stock Futures Fall as Oil Surges
At the same time, the Federal Housing Finance Agency will issue its housing price index for December.
The Energy Information Agency will give its weekly read on energy inventories a day late, at 11 a.m., since U.S. markets were closed on Monday for a holiday. Analysts expect crude oil inventories to increase by 1.4 million barrels in the week ended Feb. 18, according to a Platts survey.
Late Wednesday, the American Petroleum Institute said oil supplies gained 163,000 barrels.
Elsewhere in commodity markets, the April gold contract was higher by $4.50 to trade at $1,418.50 an ounce.The benchmark 10-year Treasury rose 14/32, diluting the yield to 3.433%. The dollar weakened against a basket of currencies with the dollar index down by 0.3%. . --Written by Melinda Peer in New York.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV