ATLANTA, Feb. 24, 2011 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Ocwen Financial Corporation ("Ocwen" or the "Company") (NYSE:OCN) today reported net income for the twelve months ended December 31, 2010 of $38.0 million or $0.36 per share, compared with net income of $0.3 million or $0.00 per share in 2009. 2010 net income includes the reversal of a $9.1 million valuation allowance for income tax expense.
For the fourth quarter of 2010 Ocwen reported net income of $9.9 million compared to net income of $9.4 million for the fourth quarter of 2009. Pre-tax income from continuing operations was $15.2 million for the fourth quarter of 2010 versus $20.2 million for the fourth quarter of 2009.
Fourth quarter 2010 pre-tax income from continuing operations was affected by:
- Non-recurring transaction related expenses for the HomEq servicing acquisition of $17.5 million consisting primarily of $14.6 million in Occupancy and Equipment expense from writing-off leasehold improvements and establishing a reserve for the discounted future rent and lease termination fees on the two HomEq facilities which were acquired and closed in 2010 and severance and WARN Act compensation of $2.6 million.
- Interest expense of $1.2 million representing incremental amortization of up-front fees and original issue discount on the Senior Secured Term Loan related to the partial prepayment of this loan in 2010.
- Reduced servicing advances by $237.0 million, or 10.1%.
- Completed 19,999 loan modifications of which 20% were HAMP modifications which exceeded the upper end of guidance of 16,000 to 19,000.
- Made a $135.0 million voluntary prepayment on the Senior Secured Term Loan which along with the mandatory repayments reduced the outstanding balance to $197.5 million as of December 31, 2010. (Additional voluntary prepayments of $162.5 million were made subsequent to year-end.)
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV