ATLANTA, Feb. 24, 2011 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Alimera Sciences, Inc. (Nasdaq:ALIM) ("Alimera"), a biopharmaceutical company that specializes in the research, development and commercialization of prescription ophthalmic pharmaceuticals, today announced that management will be attending the following investor conferences in March:
- The Citi 2011 Global Health Care Conference to be held March 1-3, 2011 at The Hilton New York Hotel in New York City. Dan Myers, president and chief executive officer, is scheduled to present on March 2 at 2:30 P.M. ET.
- The Credit Suisse One-on-One Healthcare Conference to be held March 1-3, 2011 in London, UK. Rick Eiswirth, chief operating officer and chief financial officer, will be meeting with investors on March 2-3.
- The 2011 RBC Capital Markets' Healthcare Conference to be held March 2-3, 2011 at The New York Palace Hotel in New York City. Mr. Myers is scheduled to present on March 3 at 2:00 PM ET.
- The Cowen and Company 31st Annual Health Care Conference to be held March 7-9, 2011 at The Boston Marriott Copley Place in Boston, MA. Mr. Myers is scheduled to present on March 7 at 1:00 PM ET.
The presentations will be webcast live and can be accessed on the Investor Relations section of the corporate website at http://www.alimerasciences.com . For those who are not available to listen to the live broadcasts, the presentations will be archived for two weeks.
About Alimera Sciences, Inc.Alimera Sciences, Inc., based in Alpharetta, Georgia, is a biopharmaceutical company that specializes in the research, development and commercialization of prescription ophthalmic pharmaceuticals. Presently, the Company is focused on diseases affecting the back of the eye, or retina. Its advanced product candidate, ILUVIEN®, is an intravitreal insert containing fluocinolone acetonide, a non-proprietary corticosteroid with demonstrated efficacy in the treatment of ocular disease. ILUVIEN® is in development for the treatment of diabetic macular edema (DME), a disease of the retina that affects individuals with diabetes and can lead to severe vision loss and blindness. A New Drug Application for ILUVIEN® is currently under review by the US Food and Drug Administration. The FDA, in a December 2010 Complete Response Letter, requested further information including the month 36 data from the FAME Study.
CONTACT: ICR, LLC for Alimera Sciences John Mills 310-954-1105 John.Mills@icrinc.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV