CLEVELAND, Feb. 24, 2011 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Chart Industries, Inc. (Nasdaq:GTLS), a leading independent global manufacturer of highly engineered equipment used in the production, storage and end-use of hydrocarbon and industrial gases, today reported results for the fourth quarter and year ended December 31, 2010. Highlights include:
- Sales up 22% over 4 th quarter 2009
- Backlog improves 28% compared to 12/31/09
- 4 th quarter 2010 orders improve 24% vs. 3 rd quarter 2010 orders
- Completed acquisition of SeQual during the quarter
- Received NRU order in excess of $90 million in early 2011
Net income for the fourth quarter of 2010 was $9.8 million, or $0.33 per diluted share. This compares with $15.5 million, or $0.53 per diluted share, for the fourth quarter of 2009. The fourth quarter of 2010 included $1.3 million or $0.03 per diluted share in restructuring costs associated with the announced shutdown of the Plainfield, Indiana facility acquired from Covidien in 2009, costs associated with the SeQual acquisition completed during the fourth quarter of 2010, and asset impairment charges. The fourth quarter of 2009 included several items that favorably impacted pre-tax income by $4.0 million, or $0.15 per diluted share, including a bargain purchase gain from the Covidien acquisition partially offset by restructuring and acquisition-related costs.
Fourth quarter 2010 earnings would have been $0.36 per diluted share excluding the $0.03 per share of restructuring, acquisition, and impairment related costs. Fourth quarter of 2009 earnings would have been $0.38 per share excluding the 2009 items mentioned above.Net sales for the fourth quarter of 2010 increased 22% to $158.8 million from $130.3 million in the comparable period a year ago. Gross profit for the fourth quarter of 2010 was $50.6 million, or 32% of sales, versus $43.9 million, or 34% of sales, in the comparable quarter of 2009.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV