Insurer Allianz Posts Profit Rise of 11%
Earnings were €1.14 billion ($1.57 billion), up from €1.02 billion from a year earlier. Analysts were forecasting earnings of €1.2 billion.
Allianz said operating profit in the quarter rose 10% to €2.15 billion, while sales increased 2% to €26 billion.
Its property and casualty operations saw operating profit rise 13.2% to €1.17 billion. "In terms of operating profit, the fourth quarter was our strongest quarter in two years," said Oliver Bate, a member of the board of management of Allianz, in a statement Thursday.Full-year earnings jumped 20.1% to €5.05 billion from €4.21 billion. The company said it would raise its 2010 dividend to €4.50 a share from €4.10 a share. -- Written by Joseph Woelfel
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV