Granite City Food & Brewery Ltd. (Nasdaq: GCFB), a Modern American upscale casual restaurant chain, today reported results for the fourth quarter and fiscal year ended December 28, 2010.
Highlights for the fourth quarter 2010 were as follows:
- Total restaurant sales increased 3.6% to $21.6 million from $20.8 million in the fourth quarter of 2009
- Guest counts increased 4.0% compared to the fourth quarter of 2009
- EBITDA at $1.0 million for the fourth quarter 2010, an increase of $205,000 compared to fourth quarter 2009
Highlights for fiscal year 2010 were as follows:
- Total restaurant sales increased 4.1% to $89.3 million from $85.8 million in 2009
- Guest counts increased 5.1% compared to 2009
- Company-wide EBITDA at $5.7 million in 2010 represented an increase of $1.1 million over 2009
- Restaurant-level IBO at $20.6 million in 2010 represented an increase of $1.3 million over 2009
- G&A decreased $1.0 million from $7.6 million in 2009 to $6.6 million in 2010
- Permanent rent reductions secured for future years
"We are very proud of what this Company has accomplished over the past year,” said Steve Wagenheim, President and Chief Executive Officer of Granite City. “In 2010 we sought to execute on a plan our executive team and board put into place over the past 18 to 24 months. We felt this year was about proving the result of those plans and putting the Company back on a firm footing. Despite the tough economic environment, we increased sales and guest counts, generated positive cash and secured permanent rent reductions. We believe that the strength of the Granite City concept along with our seasoned team and solid operating systems provide a platform for future success. We would like to thank all the stakeholders in Granite City for working with us over the past two years to allow us the time to execute our plan so that we can grow."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV