TORRANCE, Calif., Feb. 23, 2011 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Farmer Bros. Co. (Nasdaq:FARM) announced today that it plans to raise the list price for all of its coffee, cappuccino and cocoa products and selected spice products effective March 14, 2011. Prices will increase a minimum of 15% on roast & ground coffee products, a minimum of 4% on liquid coffee products and a minimum of 5% on cappuccino, cocoa and selected spice products.
"The continued surge in green coffee costs in the world market which increased approximately 100% over the last year and increases in the cost of cocoa, sugar and spice commodities have necessitated this price increase," said Roger Laverty III, the Company's President and Chief Executive Officer.
About Farmer Bros. Co.Farmer Bros. Co. is a manufacturer, wholesaler and distributor of coffee, tea and culinary products through direct and brokered sales to institutional food service establishments including restaurants, hotels, casinos, hospitals and food service providers, as well as retailers such as convenience stores, coffee houses, general merchandisers, private label retailers and grocery stores throughout the contiguous United States. Its product line includes roasted coffee, liquid coffee, coffee related products such as coffee filters, sugar and creamers, assorted teas, cappuccino, cocoa, spices, gelatins and puddings, soup, gravy and sauce mixes, pancake and biscuit mixes, and jellies and preserves. For more information, go to: www.farmerbros.com . The Farmer Brothers Company logo is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=8738
CONTACT: Farmer Bros. Co. Jeffrey Wahba (310) 787-5241
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV