PEMBROKE, Bermuda, Feb. 23, 2011 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Endurance Specialty Holdings Ltd. (NYSE:ENH), a Bermuda-based specialty provider of property and casualty insurance and reinsurance, today announced that William H. Bolinder has been elected to serve as Chairman of the Board of Directors effective March 3, 2011. Mr. Bolinder has been a member of Endurance's Board of Directors since December 2001 and the Lead Director since November 2006. He is currently Chairman of the Nominating and Corporate Governance Committee and serves as a member of the Underwriting and Risk Committees of the Board.
Endurance also announced that it has nominated Susan Fleming Cabrera and Scott D. Moore for election to the Board of Directors at its Annual General Meeting of Shareholders to be held on May 11, 2011.
Dr. Cabrera is a consultant, executive educator and visiting lecturer in management, finance and entrepreneurship at Cornell University. Previously, she was a Principal at Capital Z Financial Services, a private equity firm, from 1998 to 2001 and a Partner from 2001 to 2003. She was Vice President at Insurance Partners Advisors, LP, a private equity firm, from 1994 to 2003 and held various positions at Morgan Stanley and Company from 1992 to 1994. Dr. Cabrera currently serves on the boards of directors of Virtus Investment Partners, Inc. and Hanover Investors. She previously served on several boards including Quanta Capital Holdings, Ltd., a specialty insurance and reinsurance holding company, and Ceres Group, Inc., an insurance and annuity products provider.Mr. Moore was the Chief Executive Officer of PartnerRe U.S. from 1998 to 2009 and Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer of PartnerRe Ltd. from 1993 to 1998. Mr. Moore, a Certified Public Accountant, was employed for thirteen years, including three years as a Partner, with Coopers & Lybrand LLP specializing in the insurance industry.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV