* Q4 ' 10 net income increased by 41.2% year-over-year to $15.9 million
* Items sold during Q4'10 increased by 31.2% year-over-year to 11.3 million
* Total payments transactions in Q4 ' 10 increased by 134.5% to 2.4 million* Net Income during FY ' 10 increased by 68.7% year-over-year to $56.0 million BUENOS AIRES, Argentina, Feb. 23, 2011 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- MercadoLibre, Inc. (Nasdaq:MELI) ( http://www.mercadolibre.com), Latin America's leading e-commerce technology company, today reported financial results for the fourth quarter and full year ended December 31, 2010. Marcos Galperin, President and Chief Executive Officer of MercadoLibre, Inc., commented, "We are pleased to have ended a strong year with accelerating growth as all of our businesses performed well throughout the holiday season. We believe this is a testament to the power of the e-commerce ecosystem we have built. Additionally, our value proposition continues to prove very attractive to the fast-growing base of Internet users in Latin America. In our view, the combination of low prices, attractive product selection, clear and intuitive listing formats, increasingly seamless payments integration, and advertising services we offer continue to create great value for both buyers and sellers alike." Financial Results Summary MercadoLibre reported consolidated net revenues for the three months ended December 31, 2010 of $62.3 million, representing 27.1% year-over-year growth.Revenue growth was negatively impacted by the pre-sale of credit card receivables beginning in the third quarter of 2010. Had the company carried out similar pre-sales of credit card receivables during 2009, revenue growth would have been 38.4% during the fourth quarter of 2010 as compared to the same quarter one year earlier. For the three months ended December 31, 2010, items sold on MercadoLibre grew 31.2% to 11.3 million while total Payments transactions through MercadoPago grew 134.5% to 2.4 million as compared to the fourth quarter of 2009. Gross merchandise volume for the fourth quarter 2010 grew 25.6% year-over-year to $988.1 million, while total payment volume grew 73.8% year-over-year to $236.1 million.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
24/7 market commentary from Jim Cramer and 20+ veteran Wall Street gurus. Get access to the latest trading ideas on stocks, options, and ETFs as well as a real-time forum to see the pros exchanging their investment ideas.
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV