It is important to note that as of Feb. 22, a U.S. dollar money market account, Brown Brothers Sweep, commanded a substantial percentage of ASEA's index. In speaking with a Global X representative, however, I was informed that this was only a temporary position. I will be keeping a close watch on ASEA over the next few days to see how the fund's underlying holdings are altered.
ASEA and AND are two attractive new Asian and Latin American emerging market options that internationally minded investors will want to keep on their radars. However, for now I urge investors to use caution before diving in. As with any new product, these two funds will likely take time to gain steam and in the meantime, investors will be vulnerable to illiquidity and volatility.
Written by Don Dion in Williamstown, Mass.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV