4. Puda Coal (PUDA) is located in China's Shanxi province and supplies high-grade metallurgical coking coal that is used to produce coke for steel manufacturing in China.
Puda's annual coking coal capacity is 3.5 million metric tons. The company recently moved upstream into coal mining as an acquirer, and the Shanxi provincial government has appointed Puda as a consolidator of 12 coal mines; the company foresees higher margins from these mines.
During the third quarter, Puda reported a 60% year-on-year increase in total revenue, driven by higher sales volume and average selling prices for cleaned coal. Net income rose 86% for the quarter. Gross margin stood at 10.7%, improving 1.1% from the same quarter of last year.The company's future prospects are secure, as China's burgeoning electricity demand would require massive volumes of coal. The stock is trading at 9.9 times its 2011 earnings with 100% analyst buy ratings.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV