9. GoldCorp (GG) is among the world's fastest growing senior gold producers with operations throughout the Americas.
During the third quarter, net profit surged 65% year-over-year to $231.5 million on lower cash costs. Revenue surged 28% year-over-year to $886 million during the September quarter on robust gold sales.
For the third quarter, Goldcorp reported higher cash flows before working capital in the order of $471 million on production of 596,200 ounces and lower cash costs.Exuding optimism about future gold production, Goldcorp's CEO said in a press statement, "We have begun commissioning of the high pressure grinding roll circuit, representing the completion of Peñasquito construction and the final component of designed 130,000 tonne throughput capacity, which we expect to reach early in 2011. The expected completion of the Andean Resources acquisition will add Cerro Negro, another large, high-quality gold asset in Argentina." Goldcorp has a strong balance sheet. The stock received buy ratings of 83% and as per consensus estimates; the stock is poised to deliver 36% in the next one year. The stock is trading at 21.5 times its estimated 2011 earnings.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV