NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Shares of Duncan Energy (DEP) were soaring 24% to $40.29 after Enterprise Product Partners (EPD) offered to buy out the natural gas provider for $2.4 billion in an all units deal.
Enterprise Products owns 58% of Duncan Energy. Enterprise intends to buy all outstanding publicly-owned units in a unit-for-unit exchange. Enterprise would offer shareholders of Duncan 0.9545 shares of Enterprise for each share of Duncan, valuing it at $42 per share, a premium of 30% to the 10-day average closing price.
Strong quarterly results were driving a number of small-caps on Wednesday. The stock of Endologix (ELGX) rose 22% to $6.70 on high volumes after the company, which medical device company swung to profit in the fourth quarter and reported a 41% growth in revenues. The company reported a net income of $6.9 million or 14 cents per share on a GAAP basis. Excluding one off items, it broke even. Analysts were expecting it to post a loss of 1 cent per share.
(ZLC) saw its stock jump 12.4% to $4.79 after it said its
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Shanthi Bharatwaj. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/shavenk. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV