Jacobs Engineering (JEC) provides professional, technical and construction services. Its principal services comprise various aspects of engineering and construction, operations and maintenance, as well as scientific and specialty consulting services.
Jacobs has a good reputation for complex project planning, design and execution, and is one of the largest companies in the world in its field with $11 billion in annual revenue. The U.S. government is its biggest customer.Standard & Poor's gives the company its highest rating: a five-star "strong buy" recommendation. "We expect orders to gradually pick up later in the fiscal year, especially for both upstream oil & gas and refining projects, chemical and power, and certain aerospace & defense, and buildings projects," it says in its research report on Jacobs. For fiscal 2011, analysts estimate the company will earn $2.60 per share and that will grow by 16%, to $3.01 in 2012. S&P's summation of other analysts' opinions finds seven "buys," four "buy/holds," nine "holds" and two "weak holds." Jacobs' shares are up 14% this year and 34% over the past year. The company has a market value of $6.6 billion. >To see these stocks in action, visit the 5 Construction Stocks portfolio on Stockpickr.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV