Foster Wheeler (FWLT) is a Switzerland-based global engineering, construction, and project management contractor and power equipment supplier with a $4.9 billion market value.
Standard & Poor's, which has the shares rated "hold," says "our 'hold' opinion is based mainly on our view of still-challenging global markets, which should continue to affect the timing of new orders booked in both (business) segments, as well as our valuation metrics, which indicate that the shares are fairly valued. However, new awards should benefit long-term growth."For fiscal 2010, analysts estimate that the company will earn $1.89 per share and that that will grow 11% to $2.09 in fiscal 2011. S&P's poll of analysts' opinions found six "buy" ratings, seven "buy/hold" and four "hold" ratings. Foster Wheeler's shares have risen 15% this year and 44% over the past year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV