NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- BP plc (BP), Total (TOT), China Petroleum & Chemical (Sinopec) (SNP), Yingli Green Energy Holding (YGE), LDK Solar (LDK) and ReneSola (SOL) are among the cheapest energy stocks.
The current upswing in crude oil prices may support energy stocks to outperform broader markets during the upcoming weeks. Year-to-date, the S&P 500 Index gained 4.6%, while the S&P 500 Energy Index surged 12.0%.
In the current market environment of volatile oil prices, the following 10 energy stocks are trading at deep discounts, offering bargain opportunities to investors. These stocks are selling at price-to-projected-earnings ratio of less than 9, while the S&P 500 index is trading at a PE ratio of 15.6.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV