Williams Stock Hits New 52-Week High (WPZ)
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Williams Partners (NYSE:WPZ) hit a new 52-week high Wednesday as it traded at $51.50 compared with its previous 52-Week high of $51.48. Williams is changing hands at $51.35 with 6,260 shares traded as of 9:32 a.m. ET. Average volume has been 466,700 shares over the past 30 days. Williams has a market cap of $14.3 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and chemicals industry. Shares are up 10% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Williams Partners L.P., a diversified master limited partnership, focuses on transporting; gathering, treating, and processing; storing natural gas; and natural gas liquid fractionating and oil transporting activities. The company has a P/E ratio of 19.2, equal to the average chemicals industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 23.2. TheStreet Ratings rates Williams as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. You can view the full Williams Ratings Report. See all 52-week high stocks or get investment ideas from our investment research center.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV