FAIRFAX, Va., Feb. 22, 2011 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- ThinkGeek is proud to announce the release and availability of the first Geek A Week trading cards set. Once available only as online images, ThinkGeek has teamed up with cartoonist Len Peralta to bring his 52 week geek trading card project to life.
Len Peralta challenged himself back in March 2010 to interview 52 geeks in 52 weeks and create a "trading card" for each interviewee. Every geek in the deck is a hero in their own right and they're all influential members of the geek community.
This first deck features well-known geeks, including Internet rockstar Jonathan Coultron, cartoon TV executive Fred Seibert, tech hostess Veronica Belmont, Sci-Fi author John Scalzi, riffing experts RiffTrax (Bill Corbett, Mike Nelson and Kevin Murphy), senior editor at Lucas Online Bonnie Burton, nerdcore rapper MC Frontalot and web Moriarty Ken Plume. Additional sets will be released throughout the year until the full 52 trading cards are completed."Len's project was an amazing celebration of geek culture," says Jamie Grove, VP of Evil Schemes and Nefarious Plans at ThinkGeek. "We're immensely proud to be a part of it!" Released in 8-card sets, each 2" x 3" card depicts the interviewed geek as either a character or their own alter-ego on the front and features their vital nerd stats on the back. The card is illustrated entirely by Peralta based on his interview and is then boosted by the copywriting superpowers of Paul and Storm. In conjunction with the launch of the first set of cards, Len Peralta and ThinkGeek are hosting an eBay charity auction beginning today. Many of the geeks profiled during the course of the entire project have joined in and have donated some insanely cool autographed products to benefit both EFF & Child's Play charities.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV