Zoran, Mentor Graphics: Small-Cap Winners
Office Depot (ODP) saw its shares rising 1.1% on double its average trading volume after it reported a narrower fourth-quarter loss and beat expectations on adjusted earnings. The company posted a net loss of $57.8 million, or 21 cents per share, for the period that ended Dec. 25. A year earlier, it posted a loss of $76.7 million, or 28 cents per share.
Excluding restructuring and other one-time charges, the company said it earned 9 cents per share. Analysts were expecting an adjusted loss of 3 cents per share.
--Written by Shanthi Bharatwaj in New York
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Shanthi Bharatwaj.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV